Today, the mommy makeover is one of the most popular combination plastic surgery techniques, created to address common physical issues faced by women who have experienced pregnancy. This personalized combination of procedures can help to improve the physical changes that linger after pregnancy, which can include sagging breasts, excess fat deposits, and lax skin. Read on to learn more about this procedure, and if it’s right for you.
Components of a Mommy Makeover
During pregnancy, the body goes through many changes. The areas that are most commonly affected include the breasts and the abdominal region. A mommy makeover can include a number of plastic surgery procedures to help address your “problem” areas, and may include the following procedures:
- Breast Augmentation– can restore fullness and lost volume to the breasts using implants.
- Breast Lift– help to lift sagging skin and the breasts to a more youthful position.
- Breast Reduction– can create smaller breasts for those with disproportionately large, uncomfortable breasts.
- Tummy Tuck– removes excess abdominal skin and tightens abdominal muscles for a flat midsection.
- Liposuction– removes excess, stubborn fat deposits from anywhere on the body.
The mommy makeover is highly individualized, so no two mommy makeovers will be the same. During your consultation, you can discuss your personal aesthetic goals, and Dr. Sieber will create a customized mommy makeover treatment plan just for you.
Are You a Candidate?
Women who are healthy and wish to restore their pre-baby figure can often benefit from a mommy makeover. The best time to undergo this procedure is when you are done having children, and at least six months after you have finished breastfeeding. This is because future pregnancies can undo the results of your mommy makeover. A consultation with Dr. Sieber can help to best determine if a mommy makeover is right for you.
If you are interested in learning more about the mommy makeover for a boost in confidence, contact our San Francisco office today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Sieber.